Shipping Minister Plakiotakis discusses maritime border security with German Ambassador Reichel
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
Shipping Minister Yiannis Plakiotakis on Wednesday briefed German Ambassador to Greece Ernst Reichel on current migration-related affairs and on key European shipping and maritime security issues.
Cooperation between the Greek and Turkish coast guards was also discussed, as was the reinforcement of Greece with operational means supplied by the European Border and Coast Guard Agency (FRONTEX), in view of a more efficient surveillance of European maritime borders.
In terms of shipping-related issues, they discussed the new mandate by the International Maritime Organization concerning low-sulphur fuel emissions which comes into force on January 1, 2020 and aims at reducing the maximum sulphur content of marine fuel oil down to 0.5 pct.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Bonds: The spread of the Greek 10-year bond is decreasing
- Greek Tourism: Which tourists spend the most
- Greek Elections 2023: Mitsotakis sees inflation as a lingering problem
- 'Social robot' designed to support autistic children developed at Macedonia University
- Markets are already pricing in Greece's Investment grade: