A 55-year old Greek woman was arrested on the island of Kalymnos and accused of illegally possessing antiquities and a hunting firearm, police announced on Monday.
A search in the woman's house in the presence of a prosecutor revealed a number of ceramic artifacts, including an amphora, part of another amphora, a pot, a jug and a plate, as well as two golden coins and a hunting rifle.
The seized antiquities will be delivered to the Culture Ministry's agencies for dating and evaluation.
- Kalymnos goes on full lockdown after rise in coronavirus infections
- Security meeting chaired by PM decides new measures to enhance border security
- Woman arrested trying to sell an ancient icon of the Virgin
- Kalymnos: Arrests for illegal possession of antiquities
- 22 Turkish supporters of Gulen fled to a Greek island