Foreign diplomats stay at home and recite Greek poetry (vid)
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
In order to raise public awareness and spread the message that we are all together in this struggle, the General Secretariat for Public Diplomacy, Religious and Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs created a video in support of the "Stay Home" campaign, which it posted on the ministry's facebook.
Entitled "Stay at Home, Traveling through Literature", ambassadors from foreign countries in Athens appear to recite excerpts from Greek poetry of their choice, either in their own language, or in English or directly in Greek.
Koronaios: The government "strengthens" the NSS by dismissing doctors
Through the universality and timelessness of Greek literature, from Homer to the present day, they send their own message of international solidarity against the pandemic.
The video, the first part of which has already been posted on the Foreign Ministry's Facebook page, features ambassadors and representatives from 18 countries (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, China, Mexico, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden and Finland).
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Bonds: The spread of the Greek 10-year bond is decreasing
- Greek Tourism: Which tourists spend the most
- Greek Elections 2023: Mitsotakis sees inflation as a lingering problem
- 'Social robot' designed to support autistic children developed at Macedonia University
- Markets are already pricing in Greece's Investment grade: