The image has sparked outrage among Twitter users, who have made harsh comments such as “so much lack of sensitivity can only be found in Germany”.
Even Turks laugh ironically in their social media accounts at Greece being portrayed as Turkey’s child.
- More measures for coronavirus
- Greece helps repatriate Russian, Greek nationals through chartered flight
- Coronavirus shutdowns in Greece to include coffee shops, bars, museums and restaurants
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson invite all to join celebrations for 200th anniversary of Greek Independence (video)
- Series of earthquakes off Crete and in Achaia