Barrage of Turkish airspace violations continue in eastern Aegean
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
Numerous violations of Greek airspace and infringements of Athens FIR regulations by intruding Turkish warplanes were reported on Tuesday throughout the eastern Aegean, with a total of 23 fighter planes involved, 15 of which were armed, according to Greek military sources.
Two maritime surveillance turbo-props and a pair of Turkish UAVs also entered the Athens FIR without filing a previous flight plan.
In eight instances, the process of interception by Greek fighter planes resulted in an engagement.
- Bank of Greece Gov to FT: Greece is on the threshold of investment grade
- A "War" of words between Athens and Ankara
- Greek development and investments min. meets with Saudi officials in Riyadh
- Greek gvt’s affordable housing plan: Interest-free loans and subsidies to young people
- TITAN: New $ 37 million investment in the US