Numerous violations of Greek airspace and infringements of Athens FIR regulations by intruding Turkish warplanes were reported on Tuesday throughout the eastern Aegean, with a total of 23 fighter planes involved, 15 of which were armed, according to Greek military sources.
Two maritime surveillance turbo-props and a pair of Turkish UAVs also entered the Athens FIR without filing a previous flight plan.
In eight instances, the process of interception by Greek fighter planes resulted in an engagement.
- Greek gvt’s affordable housing plan: Interest-free loans and subsidies to young people
- TITAN: New $ 37 million investment in the US
- Greek Justice blocks uncontrolled construction on Aegean islands
- Vote of confidence in Greek real estate from foreign investors
- Promotion of Paros and Elafonisos in the USA
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greek-American Community Honors Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis
- PM Mitsotakis calls on Turkey to scale down rhetoric, 'move forward in a spirit of mutual respect'
- Naxos Farm coop: Stock of famous isle potatoes exhausted
- Mitsotakis to Bloomberg: Turkey accusing Greece is preposterous
- Three financial offers received for majority stake of Igoumenitsa port authority