Covid-19 Greece: 50,579 infections in fourth week of Aug.; 202 deaths
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
Public health authorities in Greece on Tuesday confirmed 50,579 new Covid-19 infections in the country for the third week of August 2022.
This is equivalent to 4,848 infections per one million people during the specific week (weekly change: -10 percent), with 23 percent of the weekly new infections being reinfections.
All confirmed cases since the pandemic began now total 4,762.827 in Greece.
Additionally, another 202 deaths from Covid-19 were reported in the same week, or 19 fatalities per one million people (weekly change: -24 percent), bringing the total number of victims since the pandemic began to 32,552.
Of the victims, 95.9 percent had an underlying condition and/or were aged 70 or above.
A total of 117 Covid-19 patients were intubated on Aug. 21. The median age for this group is 69 years and 96.6 percent suffer from an underlying condition and/or is aged 70 or over.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Bonds: The spread of the Greek 10-year bond is decreasing
- Greek Tourism: Which tourists spend the most
- Greek Elections 2023: Mitsotakis sees inflation as a lingering problem
- 'Social robot' designed to support autistic children developed at Macedonia University
- Markets are already pricing in Greece's Investment grade: