Today, Athens confirmed the capital's intention to design the Maria Callas Museum.
Specifics of the Museum were conferred inside the 44 Mitropoleos building, which will house the exhibition, at a press conference. As Mayor George Kaminis explained, "This museum is the least the city may do to honor this exceptional interpreter, the great opera diva...It is a museum that is not addressed just to opera fans, but mostly to those not familiar with the opera".
The Museum will be created by Technopolis and governed by Athens Cultural, Sports and Youth Organization. The building was acquired by the state in 2010 and is ranked as a historical preservation. The creation cost is set at 1 million euros and encompasses 1,070 square meters, over 5 floors. National Strategic Reference Framework funds will be used to construct the gallery, honoring the great Callas. The Maria Callas Museum is scheduled to open its doors in 2015.
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas
- Monica Bellucci at the "Herodion" interprets "Maria Callas: letters and memories"
- Monica Bellucci: I would like to buy a house in Paros ...
- Monica Bellucci to play Maria Callas in Athens theatre
- Night of opera to honour Maria Callas in diva's ancestral Messinia home