Greece's Trainose national railway service halted strikes, that would have severely inconvenienced travelers' Easter plans.
Train employees suspended two, three-hour strikes for tomorrow and Wednesday. Yet, 24-hour constant strikes by cargo service employees are predicted to continue, through Holy Week until Easter.
All Trainose services are scheduled to stop on Saturday and remain so until Monday, as a result of three union mandated 24-hour rolling strikes. Employees are asking for a new collective labor understanding, during its opposition of the company's privatization by the Hellenic government. Trainose union representatives are requesting a meeting with Transport Minister Michalis Chrysochoidis.
- Greece, TrainOSE sign 750-million-euro contract
- TRAINOSE: On January 18, the first new generation train arrives
- President Sakellaropoulou at Kastanies border post in Evros for Easter
- PM Mitsotakis: This year we are celebrating Easter at home
- Televised services for the Passion of Christ - Where you can follow services online