The Greek capital generously offered approximately 1,000 free meals to its homeless and needy residents, on Easter Sunday.
Lines were long, outside a sports complex in the central Athens region of Rouf. The Greek Orthodox Church of Greece fed about 400,000 hungry people as well. The Archbishopric of Athens served approximately 20,000 of the entrees.
- Tractors rolling into downtown Athens - Traffic restrictions announced
- Minor migrant trafficker caught in downtown Athens hauling 12 in passenger car
- Athens 5th out of 107 Cities Surveyed Around the World for Home Price Hikes
- New Year ushered in with messages from new mayors, fireworks in Athens, Thessaloniki
- City of Athens Christmas Tree lighting ceremony held on Thursday evening