Athens police failed to arrest two armed criminals, riding in a stolen car on Saturday.
After failing to stop their automobile in the Athenian central region of Ilissia at the policemen's request, the deviants fired at the officers. The motorcycle-equipped DIAS police squad demanded that the two men pull over during Saturday's wee hours; they declined and sped away as fast as they could.
The offenders then hastily parked and took off on foot, fleeing from Iridanou Street. One delinquent was identified in Ilissia Woods, but law enforcers couldn't capture him after he fired gunshots in their direction. The vehicle used in the crimes was registered to a foreign national, and has not been reported as stolen.
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Coronavirus: 5 positive samples in travelers - Alarm for a Swede positive for the virus who took walks in Athens
- Spectacular arrest of members of a foreign criminal organization for robberies, thefts and drugs (vid)
- Athens closed off to cars for three months
- Greek police find over 2kg of cocaine in stolen car in Athens