Athens police failed to arrest two armed criminals, riding in a stolen car on Saturday.
After failing to stop their automobile in the Athenian central region of Ilissia at the policemen's request, the deviants fired at the officers. The motorcycle-equipped DIAS police squad demanded that the two men pull over during Saturday's wee hours; they declined and sped away as fast as they could.
The offenders then hastily parked and took off on foot, fleeing from Iridanou Street. One delinquent was identified in Ilissia Woods, but law enforcers couldn't capture him after he fired gunshots in their direction. The vehicle used in the crimes was registered to a foreign national, and has not been reported as stolen.
- Police intervention at Polytechnic squat space occupied for 20 years
- Fires: Black smoke covered the Acropolis – Smell of burning throughout Athens
- Athens: Deep pockets opt out
- Controlled explosion on Acharnon Street outside the Athens Masonic Lodge
- Acropolis: Unprecedented queues of tourists cause measures to be taken