Today and tomorrow marks the Athenian conference: "Europe and the Arab World: Strengthening Political, Business and Investment Ties", organized by The Economist magazine and under the auspices of the Hellenic Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the League of Arab States.
The conference is being held at the Athenaeum Intercontinental Hotel. The Arab world is offering a new outlook for human rights, democracy, and for the improvement of cultural, economic and social mechanisms that will foster political open-mindedness. The European angle looks to aid the Middle Eastern region's economies, and enhance strides that will promote long term prosperity and stability.
High ranking European Union and Arab officials and commissioners are participating in the two-day conference. The premiers will conduct meaningful, open and constructive discussions on future relations.
Keynote speakers include John Andrews, co-editor of "Megachange: The World in 2050", The Economist, Evangelos Venizelos, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Greece, Nabil Elaraby, Secretary General, League of Arab States and Ambassador Dr. Fadel Jawad, Assistant Secretary General, Head of the Political Sector, League of Arab States.
- "Athens is Back": The platform of the Municipality of Athens that supports businesses and consumers is one year old
- Dior show live from Athens to all over the world, on Thursday
- Emirates: Daily Athens – New York flight
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday
- Greece and Turkey complete second round of talks