Today brought the swearing-in of Greece's new cabinet, that occurred at the Presidential Palace in Athens this afternoon.
Greek President Karolos Papoulias oversaw the ceremony, after a reassemble confirmed by the administration yesterday. Archbishop Ieronymos orchestrated the governmental event.
Yesterday, Prime Minister Antonis Samaras positioned Gikas Hardouvelis as Greece's new Finance Minister. Sofia Voultepsi has been deemed the new government Spokesperson. The new Interior Minister is New Democracy's Argyris Dinopoulos, while Constantinos Tasoulas is the new Culture Minister. PASOK delegate Andreas Loverdos has been appointed as the new Education Minister.
The new Health Minister is ND's Makis Voridis and the new Public Order Minister is Vassilis Kikilias, while Nikos Dendias has shifted to the Development Minister. Giorgos Karasmanis is the new Agricultural Development Minister.
The following individuals are remaining in their current positions: Foreign Minister Evangelos Venizelos, Defense Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos, Environment Minister Yiannis Maniatis, Transport Minister Michalis Chrysochoidis, Tourism Minister Olga Kefaloyianni and Labor Minister Yiannis Vroutsis.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- Hellenic Parliament: Andreas Patsis' expulsion, his obsession with his seat and the attitude of his party