Tragically, a male died this morning after falling on the Athens metro tracks, as a train pulled up to the Omonia station.
The metro train was traveling the Piraeus-Kifissia route. The 60-year-old man's death is being viewed as a suicide by law enforcers. The Omonia station has been closed as a result of the accident. Trains are now temporarily rerouted from Attiki to Kifissia and from Piraeus to Thisseio.
- Greece and Turkey complete second round of talks
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12
- Beautiful St. Nicholas Thon chapel reopens to public
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens