Tragically, a male died this morning after falling on the Athens metro tracks, as a train pulled up to the Omonia station.
The metro train was traveling the Piraeus-Kifissia route. The 60-year-old man's death is being viewed as a suicide by law enforcers. The Omonia station has been closed as a result of the accident. Trains are now temporarily rerouted from Attiki to Kifissia and from Piraeus to Thisseio.
- Greek real estate prices take off despite pandemic
- Patmos and Athens among best cruise destinations in the world
- Athenians pay for electricity at Copenhagen and Brussels prices
- Athens as a leading shipping center
- Hundreds of events and activities planned in Athens for Christmas and New Year holiday season