Tragically, a male died this morning after falling on the Athens metro tracks, as a train pulled up to the Omonia station.
The metro train was traveling the Piraeus-Kifissia route. The 60-year-old man's death is being viewed as a suicide by law enforcers. The Omonia station has been closed as a result of the accident. Trains are now temporarily rerouted from Attiki to Kifissia and from Piraeus to Thisseio.
- Man stabs nurse and then commits suicide
- Coronavirus: 5 positive samples in travelers - Alarm for a Swede positive for the virus who took walks in Athens
- Spectacular arrest of members of a foreign criminal organization for robberies, thefts and drugs (vid)
- Athens closed off to cars for three months
- Greek police find over 2kg of cocaine in stolen car in Athens