Tragically, a male died this morning after falling on the Athens metro tracks, as a train pulled up to the Omonia station.
The metro train was traveling the Piraeus-Kifissia route. The 60-year-old man's death is being viewed as a suicide by law enforcers. The Omonia station has been closed as a result of the accident. Trains are now temporarily rerouted from Attiki to Kifissia and from Piraeus to Thisseio.
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens
- Alarm over covid - New measures being considered
- Athens is not doing well: Great concern for Attica, coronavirus cases at high levels
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Man stabs nurse and then commits suicide