Today brings the tenth Athens Pride Parade, that kicked off at noon at Klafthamonos Square. It's slogan this year was "Family Affair".
The 2014 Pride Festival's main themes were equality and freedom of choice, regarding family life according to the LGBT community. It also focused on the community's quest for Greek LGBT family legal recognition, which continues to be denied.￼
In 2013, the European Court of Human Rights declared that: "Greece has violated the European Convention on Human Rights by excluding same-sex couples from its Civil Partnership Law". The Pride Parade finished at 7:00 p.m. this evening and offered workshops, dance parties, performances and face painting.
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US
- Armed robbery at Rolex outlet in central Athens
- NATO: Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences diplomatically
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got