Today brings the tenth Athens Pride Parade, that kicked off at noon at Klafthamonos Square. It's slogan this year was "Family Affair".
The 2014 Pride Festival's main themes were equality and freedom of choice, regarding family life according to the LGBT community. It also focused on the community's quest for Greek LGBT family legal recognition, which continues to be denied.￼
In 2013, the European Court of Human Rights declared that: "Greece has violated the European Convention on Human Rights by excluding same-sex couples from its Civil Partnership Law". The Pride Parade finished at 7:00 p.m. this evening and offered workshops, dance parties, performances and face painting.
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Beautiful St. Nicholas Thon chapel reopens to public