Today brings the tenth Athens Pride Parade, that kicked off at noon at Klafthamonos Square. It's slogan this year was "Family Affair".
The 2014 Pride Festival's main themes were equality and freedom of choice, regarding family life according to the LGBT community. It also focused on the community's quest for Greek LGBT family legal recognition, which continues to be denied.￼
In 2013, the European Court of Human Rights declared that: "Greece has violated the European Convention on Human Rights by excluding same-sex couples from its Civil Partnership Law". The Pride Parade finished at 7:00 p.m. this evening and offered workshops, dance parties, performances and face painting.
- Athens: Syntagma Square renovation almost done
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths
- Invasion of international hotel chains in Athens
- S. Arabian Crown Prince Salman in Athens: We can provide Greece, SE Europe with cheaper, more effective energy
- Naomi Watts: "Farewell beautiful Greece, I love you"