Today brings the tenth Athens Pride Parade, that kicked off at noon at Klafthamonos Square. It's slogan this year was "Family Affair".
The 2014 Pride Festival's main themes were equality and freedom of choice, regarding family life according to the LGBT community. It also focused on the community's quest for Greek LGBT family legal recognition, which continues to be denied.￼
In 2013, the European Court of Human Rights declared that: "Greece has violated the European Convention on Human Rights by excluding same-sex couples from its Civil Partnership Law". The Pride Parade finished at 7:00 p.m. this evening and offered workshops, dance parties, performances and face painting.
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM