Today, the Hellenic Coastguard announced that four migrants drowned in a boat that sank in the Aegean Sea, along with about 100 individuals that have been retrieved in other episodes, according to reports.
On Friday near Samos, a ship capsized leading to the deaths of a young child and man that held a total of 30 migrants. According to ekathimerini, a coastguard spokesman described, "The vessel carrying them sank under unspecified circumstances".
She further commented that 20 more people attempting to enter Samos are considered to be missing, while the Turkish coastguard located two more bodies. Currently thirteen have ben rescued. In addition to Samos, 17 migrants were located near Farmakonisi late last night, while 77 were identified early today near Chios in two locations.
- Turkey's new provocations: Greece barbarically violates migrant rights
- Two migrants with Covid-19 in quarantine at Lesvos refugee facility
- First migrant boat since April 1st arrives on Lesvos
- Turkish coastguard trying to direct boat with illegal immigrants into Greek waters (vid)
- 23 in total arrested over Samos hotspot unrest