SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras finished his Mount Athos tour, after remaining in the religious region for two days.
This morning he went to church service and ate with monks, before leaving on a Greek Coast Guard ship, as reported by ANA-MPA. The monastery's abbot Alexios and monks accompanied Tsipras and his delegates to the vessel, before bidding them farewell.
SYRIZA office director Nikos Pappas, SYRIZA MP and its parliamentary group religious affairs chief Yianns Amanatidis, along with SYRIZA religious issues coordinator Makis Lykopoulos traveled to Mount Athos with their party leader on his Greek Orthodox mission.
- New SYRIZA head Kasselakis' meteoric rise to power
- Kasselakis forges ahead in first round of SYRIZA-PA elections with 45.47%, versus 36.21% for Achtsioglou
- Tsipras's resignation: The next day and the procedures for new party president
- Tsipras resigns as SYRIZA chief after electoral debacle
- Greek Elections 2023: New Democracy clearly first, smaller parties fracas to enter Parliament