Washington, D.C.'s American Hellenic Institute is holding its 11th Annual Golf Classic, on Monday, October 20th.
The event will take place at the Bell Haven Country Club in Alexandria, VA and is chaired by Leon Andris. It is set to showcase an impressive sports panel, that includes USA Today Sports Journalist Christine Brennan, Washington Redskins Voice Larry Michael and Philadelphia Phillies Publicity Director John Brazer. The Annual Golf Classic will hold a brunch, awards ceremony, golfing and dinner. All levels of golf players are encourage to attend, while a raffle and silent auction will be featured.
The American Hellenic Institute is located in the nation's capital and was established in 1974. As stated on its website, AHI strives to: "Upholding the rule of law in matters of U.S. foreign policy, particularly in our nation's dealings with Greece, Cyprus, and Turkey. In 1974, when Turkey invaded and occupied Cyprus, AHI advocated a profoundly simple response—enforce U.S. law. At the time, the Executive Branch refused to enforce federal laws that prohibited Turkey's aggressive use of U.S.-supplied arms and equipment".
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- American Hellenic Institute Rebuts former Supreme Allied Commander’s Take on Turkey
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- AHI Issues Statement on 45th Anniversary of Invasion of Cyprus