AHEPA's Supreme President Phillip T. Frangos offered remarks at the 74th anniversary of Oxi Day during the Greek-American organization's remembrance of the occasion in Washington, D.C.
Frangos stated, "On this day, 74 years ago the citizens of Greece took a courageous stand against tyranny and fascism and fought tooth and nail to defend their autonomy."
The Supreme President added, "This gutsy, noble defense by the Greeks of their beloved homeland, not just against the Italians but also the Germans, was noted by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, a member of AHEPA, who told the AHEPA Supreme Lodge in a meeting on April 25, 1941: 'The heroic struggle of the Greek people to defend their liberties and their homes against the aggression of Germany after they had so signally defeated the Italian attempt at invasion has stirred the hearts and aroused the sympathy of the whole American people.'"
Frangos further commented, "Today, the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association, of which many of its members fought heroically behind enemy lines in Greece during World War II, commemorates the 74th anniversary of 'OXI' Day, observing it as a day to celebrate freedom, justice, liberty, and the passion of the Hellenic spirit."
AHEPA's supreme President concluded his Oxi Day remarks with, "Please take a moment to pause and reflect on this remarkable moment in our Hellenic history."
- AHEPA: Βραβείο Χαιρετισμού στις Γυναίκες στη Πρόεδρο του New Greek TV και Wellness Expert, Γιάννα Νταρίλη.
- AHEPA: Salute to Women Award to New Greek TV President and Wellness Expert, Yanna Darilis.
- Κικίλιας: Η AHEPA αποτελεί ισχυρή συνιστώσα για την τουριστική προβολή της Ελλάδας
- Tourism Minister: AHEPA is a strong component for the tourist promotion of Greece
- AHEPA delegation received by Greek president, prime minister