Previous Cyprus Federation of America and International Coordinating Committee-Justice for Cyprus (PSEKA) President Haris Theophanous has passed away at the age of 83-year-old.
The Greek-Cypriot advocate was born in Kyrenia in 1932 and immigrated to the United States with his family in 1946. He was a proud member of the United States Air Force and served in the National Guard Air Force between 1952 to 1955. Theophanous became heavily involved in Cypriot and Greek-American issues in the 1950s.
The Greek-Cypriot-American increased his involvement in affairs, after Turkey illegally invaded and occupied Kyrenia in 1974. Theophanous was a close confident of former Cypriot Presidents Spyros Kyprianou and Archbishop Makarios III, according to Parikiaki.
The Cypriot activist was heavily involved in initiatives that supported Cyprus from the United States. Theophanous served as the Cyprus Federation of America President between 1982-1985 and PSEKA President from 1982 until 1986. Haris Theophanous died in Palm Harbour, Florida.
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ
- Cyprus: What are the "non-lethal weapons" included in the lifting of the US embargo?
- Joint exercise "EUNOMIA" with Cyprus, Greece, France and Italy in progress (vid,pics)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression