Australia's Greek Orthodox Community honored Archbishop Stylianos' 40th anniversary, as the leader of the Church.
Archbishop Stylianos' was positioned by the Holy Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate. Over 800 Greek-Australians celebrated the Greek Orthodox leader, at a dinner hosted in his honor. Metropolitan Ambrosios of Korea served as Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew's official representative, whom read the Patriarch's words to the supporters.
Greek Orthodox delegates from across the country participated in the commemoration, including Father Steven Scoutas and Nicholas Pappas, secretary of the Archdiocesan Council. The two served as the MCs for the event, which was held in both English and Greek.
Various Greek political leaders were also in attendance, including Greek Ambassador to Australia Haris Dafaranos, Federal MP Anthony Albanese, and former Minister in the New South Wales government, George Souris. Each offered a speech discussing Archbishop Stylianos' efforts. The Millennium Choir of the Archdiocese played at the end of the event, which was led by world renowned conductor George Ellis.
(Source: Neos Kosmos)
(Photo Source: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia)
- Sydney area renamed "Little Athens"
- Greek Australian sportscaster to run as mayor of Perth
- 'Everything turned black in the middle of the day' says Greek-Australian who lost his house in the NSW fires
- "Ton Foton": The Greek Orthodox Epiphany
- Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew urges world leaders to achieve targets of Paris Agreement