Eighteen local Australian businesses are granting six-month internships to Greek citizens, through The Hellenic Initiative (THI).
THI was established in Melbourne this week and was led by Bank of Sydney head Nicholas Pappas. THI Australia aims to create business collaborations between the diaspora and Greece, and to assist Greeks struggling to secure employment after graduation. THI's program consists of paid internships covering a wide range of sectors, that include the law, medical and financial fields.
THI's founding board member Nick Mylonas stated his pride of the Hellenic Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry's efforts, "There are incredible synergies between the two organisations and we will work hard to identify ways that the Hellenic Australian business community can help THI, and in turn, assist Greece, " according to Neos Kosmos.
THI's branch in the United States plans to offer $50,000 to its Australian counterpart, to boost its initial launch. Below is a comprehensive list of Australian companies participating in the internship program with Greece.
Bank of Sydney
Cox Howlett Architects (Perth)
Decmil Group Ltd (Perth)
Directed Australia (Melbourne)
Eris Pharmaceuticals (Melbourne)
Findex Group (Melbourne)
Greek Media Group (Melbourne)
Hellenic Club/Alpha restaurant (Sydney)
Hellenic Museum (Melbourne)
Hickory, building and construction (Melbourne)
Kailis Bros (Melbourne)
Merit Partners Charted Accountants (Darwin)
Moray & Agnew Lawyers (Melbourne)
National Australia Bank
RSM Bird Cameron Chartered Accountants (Perth)
William Buck Chartered Accountants & Advisors (Sydney)
(Source: Neos Kosmos)
- Australia: The most wanted man is a Greek - They are looking for James Dalamangas in Greece, he is accused of murdering an expatriate
- Deputy US Special Climate Envoy: We support Greece’s role in diversifying energy sources with its Balkan neighbors
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty