When President Barack Obama spoke at the new Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center during his visit to Athens this week, the auditorium was filled with hundreds of cheering schoolchildren.
The students attending American Community Schools – Athens, whose motto is "Empowering Individuals to Transform the World as Architects of their Own Learning," were deeply impressed by Obama's message to the youth of Greece, and a few were inspired to write an article about their experience.
In the concluding paragraph of the article, which is attached, the students wrote:
"we...as young members of our society, were touched by his allusion to the youth and the power we possess to change "our Greece" - our country. Through his words, it is apparent that the President's predominant belief is that the youth hold the capacity to curb the direction in which its respective society is headed, and to put an end to the issues from which it suffers: poverty, inequality, extremism, and social prejudice."
ACS Athens is a student-centered PreK-12 international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values. It was recently recognized by the Middle States Association as a Leading School during the Fall Leadership Conference of the Near East South Asia Council of Overseas Schools (NESA), which took place on October 19-23 in Doha, Qatar.
- ACS Athens announces the passing of President Stefanos Gialamas, 54
- ACS Athens Alumna Stephanie E. Joannides, Former Senior Superior Court Judge of Alaska, Receives School's Lifetime Achievement Award
- EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, Christos Stylianides, visits ACS Athens' Youth-to-Youth program for refugee minors
- Shapiro Foundation offers ACS Athens scholarships to refugee children of The HOME Project
- ACS Athens Students Earn Perfect Scores in International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Exams
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"