His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America has been invited and will attend the 58th Presidential Inauguration, Friday January 20th, 2017, in the Nation's Capital.
On Jan. 19, the Archbishop will be honored during a reception, sponsored by the Hellenic Initiative, in which leaders of the Greek Orthodox faith will be awarded with the Medal of Saint Paul, the highest honor of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
On Jan. 20, His Eminence will be among the dignitaries attending the official ceremonies and the swearing in of the new President Donald J. Trump, from the Presidential platform at the U.S. Capitol. The next morning, Saturday, Jan. 21, he will participate in the National Prayer Service for the new President at Washington's National Cathedral.
On Sunday, Jan. 22, Archbishop Demetrios will preside at the Archieratical Divine Liturgy in the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of Saint Sophia in Washington, DC.
- AHI Publishes Presidential Candidates’ Public Statements on Policy Issues
- George Yancopoulos: Greek-born scientist creator of the antibody cocktail that Trump took
- Behind the scenes diplomacy to de-escalate tensions in eastern Mediterranean
- Investigation into Trump ally Roger Stone reveals mysterious Turkish government links
- What do the US presidential candidates think about Turkey?
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"