A trilateral meeting between Greece,Cyprus and Egypt on diaspora issues is being held in Nicosia on Tuesday, with the participation of Greek Deputy Foreign Minister Terens Quick, the Presidential Commissioner of the Cyprus Republic Fotis Fotiou and Egyptian Minister of Immigration and Expatriate Affairs Nabila Makram.
The three sides are to sign a protocol of cooperation on the implementation of the "Nostos" project recently announced by Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al Sisi on the organisation of a visit for members of the native Greek community in Egypt - also known as Egyptiot Greeks - that emigrated to Greece, Cyprus but also third countries. The visit will take in sites historically linked to Hellenism in Egypt, focusing on the city of Alexandria as one of the most important Hellenistic cultural centres in the Mediterrenean.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts