Author, historian and professor emerita at the Center for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies at Queens College of the City University of New York Angela Constantinides Hero, passed away four days ago.
The native Athenian was born in 1926 and died peacefully at her New York City home. She is survived by her two sons, her one daughter-in-law, her grandchildren, one brother and one sister-in-law.
During her prominent intellectual career, Hero published a plethora of books on the Byzantium period, including: Byzantine Monastic Foundation Documents, Letters of Gregory Akindynos and The Life and Letters of Theoleptos of Philadelphia. Archbishop Demetrios of America has described Hero as a significant academic with a brilliant mind.
At Angela Constantindis Hero's request, the Ph.D. scholar's funeral will be a private service and memorial donations can be made to: Center for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies at Queens College, 65-30 Kissena Boulevard, NY 11367.
- Hagia Sophia, the West and Islam - The other side of jihad
- Εγκαίνια Βιβλιοθήκης του Queens College
- Οι Έλληνες του Queens College αποχαιρετούν τον Γιάννη Σιδηρόπουλο
- Εκδήλωση τιμής για το Ελληνικό Κέντρο του Queens College
- "Heaven & Earth: Art of Byzantium from Greek Collections" Exhibit, Los Angeles