The 60th Chios Convention of the Chios Societies of the Americas and Canada will be held in New York City, between July 3rd to July 6th, 2014.
The event is organized by the Chian Federation and Panchiaki "Korais" Society, who are in the process of preparing an entertaining, informative and productive succession of events.
The Convention's goal is to bring Chian-Americans from the U.S. and Canada together for a series of learning, networking and celebration. Attendees will focus on the island's history, present situation and future strategies. The 4-day event includes a seminar on the Greek-American community's future, a formal dinner dance gala, photography contest, visits to notable New York sites, and an Independence Day celebration during a New York Mets ball game.
The Conference will also offer a "Chios Production & Tourism Expo", whose goal is to advocate Chian tourism and products in the United States. More information can be found regarding the 60th Chios Convention of the Chios Societies of the Americas and Canada, at its website: www.chianfed.org/2014convention or hotline at: (718) 204-2550.
- Turkish official: "Greece must evacuate 9 islands and give them to Turkey"
- Strong quake in Turkey rocks eastern Greek islands
- NATO helicopter crash – One dead, search and rescue (SAR) with Greek support continues
- Ten asylum seekers arrested and six more wanted for violent incidents at VIAL hotspot
- Three asylum seekers arrested for violent incidents at VIAL hotspot on Chios