Panathinaikos and Olympiakos once again won home games yesterday, resulting in a fifth Euroleague game.
The two Greek basketball teams will compete in Friday's matches; if either win in Moscow and Madrid, they will advance to Milan's Final Four.
Olympiakos conquered the Real Madrid team at the Peace and Friendship Stadium in Piraeus, with a 71-62 final score. Olympiakos scored 22 points in the last sector of the game, leading them to victory.
Panathinaikos defeated CSKA Moscow at the Olympic Sports Hall in Athens, by one point. The winning final result was 73-72, ending in overtime. This marks two out of four games between the two, that have resulted in overtime to determine the winner.
The two Hellenic basketball teams have comprehensively won the last three European crowns. This week Greek ballers held their ground, in their quest for Euroleague championship status!
- Olympiakos record epic win (2-1) against Arsenal to advance to Europa League 16
- Panathinaikos announces €5-million increase in share capital
- Rick Pitino agrees to return to Panathinaikos
- Panathinaikos dominate Turkish team Anadolu Efes in Euroleague (86-70)
- Panathinaikos' Nick Calathes voted Greek basketball's MVP