The tourism season opened for the island of Rhodes on Sunday (27 March) with the first charter flights landing at Diagoras airport while the first hotels have opened to welcome the visitors.
Nine flights have been scheduled for Sunday bringing tourists from Frankfurt (Germany), Bristol (UK), Bergamo (Italy), Stansted (UK), Charleroi (Belgium), Manchester and East Midlands (UK) and finally the last charter for Sunday will arrive from Bologna (Italy).
A total of 38 charter flights are expected to arrive on Rhodes in March while many flights are scheduled to arrive in April.
There are high expectations in the local tourism agencies but also reasonable concern due to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine and its repercussions.
- President Sakellaropoulou receives NY mayor Eric Adams
- PM Mitsotakis meets with new AJC executive director Ted Deutch
- Greece holds the "helm" of global shipping
- Seismic research for hydrocarbons continues in Greek blocks "Ionio" and "Kyparissiakos"
- Barrage of aftershocks after 4.7 Richter earthquake in Evia that was felt in Athens