Cyprus' Kato Paphos sea claimed the life of a Russian tourist yesterday, who drowned in the dangerous region.
The man was swimming near the King of Tombs and as reported by Cyprus Mail, is the fifteen person to die in Cyprus during a beach activity in 2014. The traveler was accompanied at the beach by his ten-year-old son and wife.
The area where he was swimming was marked with signs warning swimmers of the region's heavy currents, in five different languages. The Russian man was rushed via ambulance to a local hospital, where he was declared dead.
- Turkey accuses Greece, Cyprus, France, Egypt & UAE of forming “Alliance of Evil”
- Turkey blocks aircraft carrying medical supplies to Cyprus
- TUI CEO: Greece and Cyprus well-prepared for summer
- EastMed natural gas agreement tabled in parliament for ratification
- Greece, Israel and Cyprus may create a safe zone for tourism