A three-week New York City internship has been sponsored by the U.S. Embassy in Athens at NGO City Harvest, for Greek NGO Boroume's co-founder.
As stated on its website, "BOROUME, which means "we can" in Greek, is a non-profit organization committed to reducing food waste and the distribution of surplus food for charity throughout Greece. Since its beginning in 2011 more than 2 million meals of surplus food have been donated to welfare organizations."
Co-founder Alexia Moatsou will serve as an intern for City Harvest, which is one of the globe's initial food rescue organizations. City Harvest was established over thirty years ago, and is committed to nourishing hungry New York residents. Moatsou will receive expert training during her internship, regarding food distribution and saving.
- PM Mitsotakis says Greece will not tolerate “shady” NGOs on the refugee issue
- NGOs create ad hoc hot spots on Lesvos with total disregardfor locals
- Athens Comics Library & U.S. Embassy Hold NY Comic Con Contest
- U.S. State Department Issues Greek Banking Security Message
- U.S. Embassy Athens Supports “Color Youth” Advocate George Charonis