Cypriot Minister of Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Nicos Kouyialis stated his confidence, that the nation's agricultural items have the ability to be acquired in other nations other than Russia, as the EU currently faces a worrisome embargo.
Kouyialis commented to CNA, that Middle Eastern traders from the United Arab Emirates are scheduled to visit Cyprus next week, regarding export opportunities. The Cypriot Minister also discussed additional nations that may be interested in the nation's agricultural produce.
Kouyialis referenced how almonds and citrus fruits have been negatively effected the most by the Russian embargo, due to their large export quantities. The Cypriot Minister of Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment confirmed that there is ample to time to find new export markets, before the next batch of citrus fruits are available.
- Greece can be the 'pleasant exporting surprise of Europe', Argyrou says
- US State Dept: Cyprus has the right to develop resources within its EEZ
- Hercules-2 joint training kicks off in Egypt with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Greece, Cyprus
- Cyprus' hopes for "Aphrodite" gas field
- Our Lady of Lapithos, Ephrosyne Proestos saves 12 Cypriot soldiers