Tomorrow, protestors across the globe are rallying against EU austerity mandates placed on Greece.
At 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 11th, New York City demonstrators are scheduled to meet in front of the Delegation of the European Union to the United Nations, located at 666 Third Avenue, between 42nd and 43rd Streets.
The event is coined, "Stand With The People of Greece #GreeceSolidarity #mazi." The international protest is timed in accordance with an EU Ministerial meeting discussing Greek debt in Brussels. Additional information can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/events/830638833661834/.
As stated on the event's NYC Facebook page, "On February 11th, hundreds of thousands will gather in cities across Greece and Europe to demand an end to the EU austerity policy that for years has subjected millions of people to a humanitarian crisis. Following the election of the radical left in January, the new Greek government is set to challenge EU policy at the finance ministers' meeting in Brussels. A strong popular mobilization can make a difference!"
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023