The IMF estimates that the effects of the coronavirus crisis on the Greek economy will be devastating due to the hard impact on tourism.
In its World Economic Outlook report released in Washington, the ‘good case’ scenario predicts a 10% recession in Greece this year, the largest in the Eurozone, even worse than in Italy with 9.1%. However, it predicts a recession of only 2.8% for Malta and 6.5% (for Cyprus) and above for all other EU countries.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greece achieves record coverage rate of power demand through renewable energy sources (RES)
- PM Mitsotakis to visit Karditsa farm region after Ianos hurricane damage
- Hardalias: 'Superhuman efforts' by crews to restore power to Ionian Islands after hurricane
- Severe weather front "Ianos": This is the new trajectory of the cyclone
- Coronavirus: Concern over the 4 negative records yesterday in Greece