The IMF estimates that the effects of the coronavirus crisis on the Greek economy will be devastating due to the hard impact on tourism.
In its World Economic Outlook report released in Washington, the ‘good case’ scenario predicts a 10% recession in Greece this year, the largest in the Eurozone, even worse than in Italy with 9.1%. However, it predicts a recession of only 2.8% for Malta and 6.5% (for Cyprus) and above for all other EU countries.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- RedaktionsNetzwerk Deutschland: "Greece: How to get vaccinated without chaos"
- Former National Theatre director Lignadis detained until trial for rape
- Government sets up metoogreece.gr website for reporting sexual harassment, abuse
- Lead shot used by hunters a deadly threat for flamingos at Agios Mamas, Halkidiki
- Prosecutor orders emergency medical measures for terrorist Koufodinas