The IMF estimates that the effects of the coronavirus crisis on the Greek economy will be devastating due to the hard impact on tourism.
In its World Economic Outlook report released in Washington, the ‘good case’ scenario predicts a 10% recession in Greece this year, the largest in the Eurozone, even worse than in Italy with 9.1%. However, it predicts a recession of only 2.8% for Malta and 6.5% (for Cyprus) and above for all other EU countries.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greek - Spanish joint drills
- Turkey's new threats against Greece cause State Dept. reaction
- Operating license for the Greek segment of IGB inked
- Energy storage: Greece's first tender for storage units by 2023 end
- New poll shows what Greeks feel about parties, Erdogan's comments against Mitsotakis, and subsidies