The IMF estimates that the effects of the coronavirus crisis on the Greek economy will be devastating due to the hard impact on tourism.
In its World Economic Outlook report released in Washington, the ‘good case’ scenario predicts a 10% recession in Greece this year, the largest in the Eurozone, even worse than in Italy with 9.1%. However, it predicts a recession of only 2.8% for Malta and 6.5% (for Cyprus) and above for all other EU countries.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Old Acropolis Museum being refurbished as exhibition space
- Embassies: The MyConsulLive service is being expanded
- Aegina International Music Festival returns with 8 music filled nights
- Pandemic: Great concern for the… "orange" islands
- Greek Mission to the Arctic Ocean: Research on Climate Change, Pollution and the Marine Environment