The IMF estimates that the effects of the coronavirus crisis on the Greek economy will be devastating due to the hard impact on tourism.
In its World Economic Outlook report released in Washington, the ‘good case’ scenario predicts a 10% recession in Greece this year, the largest in the Eurozone, even worse than in Italy with 9.1%. However, it predicts a recession of only 2.8% for Malta and 6.5% (for Cyprus) and above for all other EU countries.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- PM Mitsotakis inaugurates Acropolis elevator for people with disabilities (vid)
- ECHR: Greece will pay compensation of 312,500 euros to a hotel owner - It was occupied for three years, under SYRIZA
- Dendias: Gov't has chosen to invest in economic diplomacy
- Severe weather floods Zakynthos (vid)
- PM Mitsotakis at AmCham discussion: The pandemic was a dramatic catalyst for change in Greece