The Hellenic Defense Systems and armed forces ratified an 18.5 million euro contract last week, for the acquirement of 265,000 40 mm NATO approved army ammunitions, as reported by ANA.
This marks the first EAS agreement in four years. It was signed by EAS CEO Sotiris Christogiannis and Dimitris Georgiopoulos, who represented the National Defense Ministry.
National Defense Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos described the act, "...a significant step towards the restructure and viability of the Hellenic Defence Systems and an additionally strong message of recovery, development and progress of the Greek economy...we only have a few months ahead of us to prove and reaffirm in Parliament our public commitment that EAS can and must be saved."
- Mitsotakis slams Turkey at NATO parliamentary assembly (vid)
- Mitsotakis to Stoltenberg: Let Turkey show if it wants to close the way to the crisis and open the way to a solution
- Greek Armed Forces Chief warns NATO of possible “accident” with Turkey due to Turkish provocations
- Greek FM expresses deep sorrow over NATO helicopter accident in the Ionian Sea
- Greek representation to NATO explains Tuesday's walkout from committee meetings in Brussels