The Hellenic Defense Systems and armed forces ratified an 18.5 million euro contract last week, for the acquirement of 265,000 40 mm NATO approved army ammunitions, as reported by ANA.
This marks the first EAS agreement in four years. It was signed by EAS CEO Sotiris Christogiannis and Dimitris Georgiopoulos, who represented the National Defense Ministry.
National Defense Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos described the act, "...a significant step towards the restructure and viability of the Hellenic Defence Systems and an additionally strong message of recovery, development and progress of the Greek economy...we only have a few months ahead of us to prove and reaffirm in Parliament our public commitment that EAS can and must be saved."
- Mitsotakis welcomes Swedish NATO accession; meeting with Albania’s Rama, refers to pending contacts with Erdogan
- Greek PM from Vilnius: Significant differences with Turkey but we can agree on a road map
- Greek-Turkish relations: The Mitsotakis-Erdogan meeting is an opportunity to restart relations
- Erdogan, Greece, Cyprus and the NATO summit
- NATO: Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences diplomatically