The Hellenic Defense Systems and armed forces ratified an 18.5 million euro contract last week, for the acquirement of 265,000 40 mm NATO approved army ammunitions, as reported by ANA.
This marks the first EAS agreement in four years. It was signed by EAS CEO Sotiris Christogiannis and Dimitris Georgiopoulos, who represented the National Defense Ministry.
National Defense Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos described the act, "...a significant step towards the restructure and viability of the Hellenic Defence Systems and an additionally strong message of recovery, development and progress of the Greek economy...we only have a few months ahead of us to prove and reaffirm in Parliament our public commitment that EAS can and must be saved."
- Turkish DM annoyed with responses by Greek MPs during NATO parliamentary assembly in Istanbul
- NATO should consider parting ways with Turkey
- Mitsotakis at Georgetown: Ankara’s objections to Swedish, Finnish NATO membership (vid)
- Mitsotakis briefs NATO SG on Turkish provocations
- Mitsotakis slams Turkey at NATO parliamentary assembly (vid)