Former Greek Finance Minister Yannis Stournaras has been formally named as the National Bank of Greece's new governor.
Stournaras is replacing George Provopoulos. As the new governor stated, "As Finance Minister you execute government policy. The governor of the Bank of Greece has very different obligations. Both seek to safeguard the public interest. And currency stability is in the public interest", according to Kathimerini.
- Staikouras: EU approval of 12 national recovery plans, including Greece 2.0, a 'collective success'
- Greek Finance Minister satisfied with 6th Enhanced Surveillance Report on Greece
- Migration, Finance ministries take over management of asylum facilities from NGOs
- Finance ministry completes procedures on distribution diagram of property assets in Hellinikon
- Debt swap deal between state and National Bank