Today, Parliament supported the partial privatization of Public Power Corporation on the committee level.
Coalition parties New Democracy and PASOK supported the bill, while opposing committee members shot it down. Environment and Energy Minister Yiannis Maniatis offered amendments, that included a regulated minimum price and guaranteed employee's positions for five years. The PPC privatization bill was then backed by the committee. It is predicted that a vote will occur on Wednesday, at the plenary level.
- Will the government get enough votes to pass the bill on Greek expat vote?
- Parliament votes for investigation into former SYRIZA minister
- Arson attack against New Democracy MP's home
- Former PASOK minister Valyrakis found dead at sea
- Foreign ministry bill extending territorial waters in the Ionian to be introduced to plenary on Tuesday