Today, Parliament supported the partial privatization of Public Power Corporation on the committee level.
Coalition parties New Democracy and PASOK supported the bill, while opposing committee members shot it down. Environment and Energy Minister Yiannis Maniatis offered amendments, that included a regulated minimum price and guaranteed employee's positions for five years. The PPC privatization bill was then backed by the committee. It is predicted that a vote will occur on Wednesday, at the plenary level.
- Mitsotakis: Our thoughts are on Volos and Evia
- Shocks in New Democracy over the party's support for Attica local gvt. elections
- Kyriakos Mitsotakis pledges 10,000 new hirings in Health
- Greek Elections 2023: New Democracy clearly first, smaller parties fracas to enter Parliament
- The difference between ND - SYRIZA widens - The parties entering Parliament