Today, Parliament supported the partial privatization of Public Power Corporation on the committee level.
Coalition parties New Democracy and PASOK supported the bill, while opposing committee members shot it down. Environment and Energy Minister Yiannis Maniatis offered amendments, that included a regulated minimum price and guaranteed employee's positions for five years. The PPC privatization bill was then backed by the committee. It is predicted that a vote will occur on Wednesday, at the plenary level.
- International media "burn" SYRIZA for the fire in Mati and the Novartis conspiracy
- Mitsotakis: Major steps forward in only one year in Greece
- DEPA Infrastructure privatization attracts 9 international investors
- Parliament ratifies Greece-US defense cooperation agreement
- Opinion poll: ND leads by 17 points