Today, Parliament supported the partial privatization of Public Power Corporation on the committee level.
Coalition parties New Democracy and PASOK supported the bill, while opposing committee members shot it down. Environment and Energy Minister Yiannis Maniatis offered amendments, that included a regulated minimum price and guaranteed employee's positions for five years. The PPC privatization bill was then backed by the committee. It is predicted that a vote will occur on Wednesday, at the plenary level.
- Greek Superfund: Scoping out investments for the proceeds of privatizations
- Electricity and gas from Greece will power the Balkans
- The most likely date for Greek elections
- Greek state budget passed by 156 to 143 on Sat. evening
- Greece's PPC: The benefits of the acquisition of Enel's assets in Romania