The 13th annual international film festival titled "Cyprus Film Days 2015" is now open for admissions.
The Festival's opening was declared by the Cypriot Ministry of Education and Culture and the Rialto Theatre. As stated on its website, the mission of the event is, "The Festival's aim is to promote the International and Cypriot cinematography, to support and project the work of independent creators, to highlight new talents, while also to constitute the focal point for the cinematography of the three continents that surround Cyprus."
Additionally, an independent international contest sub-sector termed "Global Images," calls on filmmakers from around the world to present fiction films to be considered for selection. Under this division, the Best Film Award grants €6,000 to the winner, the Special Jury Award offers €3,000, and the Best Director Award provides €1,000.
"Cyprus Film Days 2015" will be held between April 17th until the 26th, in both Limassol and Nicosia. All films are offered in their original language with Greek and English subtitles. The Festival strives to entice both international entrees and participants. The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 13th, 2015. Additional information can be accessed at: www.cyprusfilmdays.com.
- Nicosia hosts the first tripartite meeting of Foreign Ministers of Cyprus, Greece, Armenia
- Nicosia satisfied with positions expressed by US Congressman on its sovereign rights and Cyprus-US relations
- Cyprus, Greece & Israel chart a common path
- Second ExxonMobil vessel docks at Cyprus
- Greece-Cyprus-Egypt meeting on diaspora issues in Nicosia