Cypriot move director Spyros Charalambous was honored at Melbourne's Delphi Bank Greek Festival, with the Best International Short Film Award for "Anna".
The black and white short film was shot in Cyprus. Its plot revolves around 30-year-old Filipino character Mary, who works as a caretaker in a village. Mary cares for 85-year-old Michalis, who has arteriosclerosis.
The elderly Cypriot man spends a large part of his life watching television, namey his favorite soap opera "Anna". Michalis becomes obsessed with the soap, and starts calling Mary by Anna, disregarding his daughter Melpo's concern.
- Lefteris Petrounias wins gold in Melbourne, ahead of Tokyo Olympics
- Head of Melbourne Greek community: Australia's 'most difficult moments'
- 1st Greek Panorama Roadshow to be held in Sydney and Melbourne
- "Northern Macedonians" burn Greek flags in Melbourne
- Greek president undesirable by Melbourne Greeks