Eurovision enthusiasts hailing from Australia, who were attempting to cast votes in the popular musical contest, were met with difficulties.
A large number of Australian's votes did not register, due to technical complications in the SBS voting system. In addition, many international votes were not recorded for Australia. A wide array of complaints were expressed via social media on the issue, as voters posted screenshots of notifications and messages, that the voting mechanism had closed.
Greek-Australian news portal Neos Kosmos made direct contact with the SBS TV network. The SBS broadcaster stated, "SBS worked with MNET, a local premium service provider, which acted as an aggregator of phone and text votes for the Eurovision Song Contest."
The network added, "Digame is the European Broadcasting Union's mobile operator that oversaw the televoting solution for all participating countries. Both servers are investigating the matter."
(Source: Neos Kosmos)
- Sydney area renamed "Little Athens"
- Greek Australian sportscaster to run as mayor of Perth
- 'Everything turned black in the middle of the day' says Greek-Australian who lost his house in the NSW fires
- Work and Holiday Visa agreement between Greece and Australia swings into effect
- «Φρούριο» το Ισραήλ ενόψει Eurovision