The Athens Photo Festival is running in the capital's Benaki Museum, from June 3rd until July 26th.
This year's them is entitled, "Reframing Memory," and it examines the relationship between the past and present, regarding both mainstream and experimental elements, that join together a vast international artistic stance. The event is the premier global photography festival in the Southeastern European region and was established in 1987.
As stated on the Athens Photo Festival's website, "...our programmes work internationally, nationally and locally, encompassing a variety of activities that aim at fostering a critical understanding of contemporary culture and society through photography and related media."
Photographers, artists, curators and more are called on to submit their pieces. Additional information about this year's Festival can be found at: http://www.photofestival.gr.
- '1821, Before and After': An exhibition on the birth of modern Greece
- Athens International Airport hosts exhibition ‘Toys-Toys-Toys!’
- PM Mitsotakis at inauguration of residence donated by Patrick and Joan Leigh Fermor to Benaki Museum
- Le Figaro waxes lyrical on winter in Athens
- Benaki Museum also targeted by oil-spray vandals