The documentary Journey Through Smyrna presents the coming together of young Greek and Turkish musicians with a view to reviving a music genre that has been long forgotten in the modern city of Izmir, Turkey but still kept fresh and relevant in the collective memory of the Greek musical culture.
The Catastrophe of Smyrna destroyed much of the city; in great part its Greek Christian community and the traces of their centuries-old culture. Many of those who escaped the ravaging fire saw their last moments on the city's waterfront known as the Smyrna Quay. This site holds great significance for those that hold roots to the city unshaken over the past century.
In 2015, 93 years later, the light of that community, along with its language and heritage, will be reignited through the power of music, faith, and friendship with Greek and Turkish singers and musicians who will hold a first-ever live concert on the Smyrna Quay, celebrating the city's culture.
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"