"Are You Here" starring Greek-American Zach Galifianakis, along with Amy Poehler and Owen Wilson, just released its premier trailer.
Directed by "Mad Men's" Matthew Weiner, the movie's plot focuses on two childhood best friends who travel on a road trip back to their hometown. Their trip is a result of the death of one of the main character's estranged father; he is set to gain a substantial inheritance.
Galifianakis' family hails from Crete. The entertainer discusses his ethnicity often, even joking to Comedy Central: "I'm Greek, and I have sinus problems. And I know why: my body produces feta cheese. It's not really a joke; it's just a fact".
The Greek-American comic is the winner of 2010's Hollywood Film Festival's Comedy Award and the MTV Movie Award for Best Comedic Performance in "The Hangover". The actor has been nominated for a plethora of other accolades, including two Emmy Awards. Zach Galifianakis' "Between Two Ferns" interview with U.S. President Barack Obama recently went viral.
"Are You Here" was shot in Galifianakis' native state of North Carolina two years ago. It will be released in theaters on August 22nd. The film's trailer can be seen below.
- Friend of Greek American that was tased to death in NY speaks of a kind and friendly man
- Greek American Fotis Dulos and girlfriend arrested in the case of missing wife
- Proud to be Greek says Greek-American Miss USA contestant (video)
- Jennifer Aniston Belts Out Colorful Language After Golden Globes (Video)
- "Baskets" Stars Zach Galifianakis