Today marks the hottest day of the year in Greece, with the highest temperature hitting 41.4 degrees celsius in Larissa.
Weather forecasts have predicted a minor temperature decrease, in effect only in western and northern Greece tomorrow. Greek beaches across the country were packed today, due to the heatwave and August 15th holiday.
Athenians and Thessalonikians who hadn't left the regions for a long weekend, flocked to Attica and Halkidiki coastlines, respectively. Less severe temperatures are forecasted to arrive by Monday and Tuesday, in addition to winds. The Athens Medical Association advised residents to stay hydrated and limit outdoor activities.
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri