Today marks the hottest day of the year in Greece, with the highest temperature hitting 41.4 degrees celsius in Larissa.
Weather forecasts have predicted a minor temperature decrease, in effect only in western and northern Greece tomorrow. Greek beaches across the country were packed today, due to the heatwave and August 15th holiday.
Athenians and Thessalonikians who hadn't left the regions for a long weekend, flocked to Attica and Halkidiki coastlines, respectively. Less severe temperatures are forecasted to arrive by Monday and Tuesday, in addition to winds. The Athens Medical Association advised residents to stay hydrated and limit outdoor activities.
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- Fraport delivers refurbished Thessaloniki airport
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- Thessaloniki: Deacon found with South African covid strain
- Ad hoc Epiphany celebrations and flagrant disregard for measures