Today marks the hottest day of the year in Greece, with the highest temperature hitting 41.4 degrees celsius in Larissa.
Weather forecasts have predicted a minor temperature decrease, in effect only in western and northern Greece tomorrow. Greek beaches across the country were packed today, due to the heatwave and August 15th holiday.
Athenians and Thessalonikians who hadn't left the regions for a long weekend, flocked to Attica and Halkidiki coastlines, respectively. Less severe temperatures are forecasted to arrive by Monday and Tuesday, in addition to winds. The Athens Medical Association advised residents to stay hydrated and limit outdoor activities.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- PM Mitsotakis at Thessaloniki: Aim is to showcase innovative high-tech start-ups at home and abroad
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Warding off the evil eye on Thessaloniki municipal council teleconferencing (vid)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression