Today marks the hottest day of the year in Greece, with the highest temperature hitting 41.4 degrees celsius in Larissa.
Weather forecasts have predicted a minor temperature decrease, in effect only in western and northern Greece tomorrow. Greek beaches across the country were packed today, due to the heatwave and August 15th holiday.
Athenians and Thessalonikians who hadn't left the regions for a long weekend, flocked to Attica and Halkidiki coastlines, respectively. Less severe temperatures are forecasted to arrive by Monday and Tuesday, in addition to winds. The Athens Medical Association advised residents to stay hydrated and limit outdoor activities.
- Dior show live from Athens to all over the world, on Thursday
- Banderas is coming to Thessaloniki for filming -1,000 extra and the city is a stage
- The 545 "Blue Flag" Greek beaches on the "Visit Greece App"
- Erdogan advisor threatens Greece on television amid NATO summit
- A treasure just a short ride from Athens