Today marks the hottest day of the year in Greece, with the highest temperature hitting 41.4 degrees celsius in Larissa.
Weather forecasts have predicted a minor temperature decrease, in effect only in western and northern Greece tomorrow. Greek beaches across the country were packed today, due to the heatwave and August 15th holiday.
Athenians and Thessalonikians who hadn't left the regions for a long weekend, flocked to Attica and Halkidiki coastlines, respectively. Less severe temperatures are forecasted to arrive by Monday and Tuesday, in addition to winds. The Athens Medical Association advised residents to stay hydrated and limit outdoor activities.
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Thessaloniki: Young people beat police officers who went to check on them - One injured (vid)
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Mobile emergency medical unit in the courtyard of the 424 General Military Hospital in Thessaloniki
- Private hospital beds requisitioned to help public health system with coronavirus