Today marks the hottest day of the year in Greece, with the highest temperature hitting 41.4 degrees celsius in Larissa.
Weather forecasts have predicted a minor temperature decrease, in effect only in western and northern Greece tomorrow. Greek beaches across the country were packed today, due to the heatwave and August 15th holiday.
Athenians and Thessalonikians who hadn't left the regions for a long weekend, flocked to Attica and Halkidiki coastlines, respectively. Less severe temperatures are forecasted to arrive by Monday and Tuesday, in addition to winds. The Athens Medical Association advised residents to stay hydrated and limit outdoor activities.
- City of Athens Christmas Tree lighting ceremony held on Thursday evening
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Historic Museum-destroyer ‘Velos’ towed to safety after sustaining serious damage
- Greece is Europe's champion in real estate price increases
- Nine-month tourist season in Greece