Women in the Greek armed forces
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
Plans by the Defense Ministry for the voluntary recruitment of women in the military have come back to the fore.
According to information a full military training program will be provided for women who voluntarily wish to be enter the military and then serve six months in units of border regions of Greece.
The ministry's aim is to "close" the gaps in staffing the units from the restriction of recruitment because of the memoranda while opening the road for recruitment in the armed forces, and the attention will be given to incentives for their recruitment to such posts.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- FM Dendias attends inauguration of artworks exhibition by Albanian PM
- Greek, Turkish foreign ministers announce their countries' mutual support for respective candidacies at the UNSC and IMO
- Greece and Israel signed the 2023 Defense Cooperation Program
- Greece raises minimum wage to 780 euros from April 1
- FM Dendias visits Greek diaspora in Montreal with Canadian counterpart