Serious incidents occurred today at the University of Thessaloniki when 100 hooded persons burst into the university buildings. According to preliminary information there are four injured students.
Specifically, groups of leftists who had covered their faces with helmets and hoods, stormed the premises of the schools of Law, Agriculture, and Veterinary medicine during ongoing student elections, and with clubs began to cause material damage.
Reportedly four agriculture students were injured during the incidents and were taken to AHEPA gospital.
The electoral process has been interrupted, while the masked persons are reportedly still roaming inside the grounds. Police forces have cordoned off the area.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Olive tree - Lives for centuries offering its fruits
- 20 years Network of Greek Elected Local Authorities of Europe
- National Gallery to host temporary exhibition of portraits and sculptures from the Louvre
- PM Mitsotakis to Washington Post: Greek economy 'recovering remarkably' with growth to exceed 7 pct
- City of Athens lights up its Christmas tree with show at Syntagma Square