Serious incidents occurred today at the University of Thessaloniki when 100 hooded persons burst into the university buildings. According to preliminary information there are four injured students.
Specifically, groups of leftists who had covered their faces with helmets and hoods, stormed the premises of the schools of Law, Agriculture, and Veterinary medicine during ongoing student elections, and with clubs began to cause material damage.
Reportedly four agriculture students were injured during the incidents and were taken to AHEPA gospital.
The electoral process has been interrupted, while the masked persons are reportedly still roaming inside the grounds. Police forces have cordoned off the area.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greece is EU "champion" in the reduction of greenhouse gases in the
- Crucial two months for economy, tourism and government revenues
- Landmark law in Greece establishes long-overdue legal framework mandating protection and care for pets, strays
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- New York: Mourning for the tragic death of Greek-American police officer - The Message of the Archbishop