A group of young protesters in Patras, Greece were inspired by the HBO television series "Game of Thrones" in their own version of the "Walk of Shame."
In the view of those participating, the «role» of the character Cersei Lannister is played by Greece's Prime Minister, Alexis Tspiras, and the Minister of National Defense, Panos Kommenos, in a scene that accompanies those present.
At the forefront, and dressed quite appropriately, was the former member of the political party of "Aneksartiti Ellines", Yagos Raftopoulos, who decided to leave this faction following the aftermath of last year's referendum.
Amongst the wrongdoings or "sins" that the Greek state is charged with are the new austerity measures, cronyism, the collapse of the middle class, and other disease causing political acts or policies.
The image of the protesters dressed in the style and costume of the "Game of Thrones" series was in contrast to that of the cafe regulars who were in the streets. It was quite an unusual and surreal scene on the sidewalks of the Achaean capital.
"We chose to do it this way, with a dose of humor, as it was intended to arouse sensation, even from the most apathetic persons," said Yagos Raftopoulos.
During the shooting of the video, a drone was called up following the concerns of the cameraman, Pericles Papandreopoulos.
*Translated by Eleftheria Mavroukas
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"