Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis is visiting Epirus on Tuesday, continuing a series of tours of the country's regions that he had announced after the elections, with the aim of addressing each region's problems and promoting good practices.
The prime minister's first visit will be to the municipal solid waste processing plant in Eleftherochori, Ioannina.
This unit has already become a point of reference in the environmental education of pupils, contributing to a change in attitudes, which previously equated waste processing plants with hazardous landfills.
Kyriakos Mitsotakis will then visit Vitsa and support a request for the inclusion of Zagorochoria in the UNESCO List of Cultural Landscapes.
Wanting to emphasise the particular importance given to the primary sector, the prime minister will visit the Vella Monastery of Ioannina's farm, which combines vocational education with caring for the environment. The farm produces and offers free dairy products to church foundations and citizens while offering fair prices to farmers and producers.
The prime minister's programme also includes a visit to the Ancient Theatre of Dodoni.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts