The Athenian "Aghia Marina" metro station will be equipped with a new parking lot.
Construction will begin on Monday, April 14th and will have a 383 car capacity. Free parking will be available to all, including handicapped-designated spots. The new lot hopes to entice new subway passengers.
The metro parking lot will be open Mondays through Thursdays, between 5:15 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. the following day. It will be open from 5:15 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. the next morning, on Fridays and Saturdays. The lot will remain closed on Sundays and banking holidays.
Ticket holders are eligible for free daytime parking by exhibiting a dated, monthly or annual metro pass. Monthly pass members can maintain free monthly parking spots and non-passengers are eligible for low parking rates.
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Coronavirus: 5 positive samples in travelers - Alarm for a Swede positive for the virus who took walks in Athens
- Spectacular arrest of members of a foreign criminal organization for robberies, thefts and drugs (vid)
- Athens closed off to cars for three months
- Greek police find over 2kg of cocaine in stolen car in Athens