The Athenian "Aghia Marina" metro station will be equipped with a new parking lot.
Construction will begin on Monday, April 14th and will have a 383 car capacity. Free parking will be available to all, including handicapped-designated spots. The new lot hopes to entice new subway passengers.
The metro parking lot will be open Mondays through Thursdays, between 5:15 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. the following day. It will be open from 5:15 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. the next morning, on Fridays and Saturdays. The lot will remain closed on Sundays and banking holidays.
Ticket holders are eligible for free daytime parking by exhibiting a dated, monthly or annual metro pass. Monthly pass members can maintain free monthly parking spots and non-passengers are eligible for low parking rates.
- Anger over the savage beating of the metro stationmaster by the mask deniers (video)
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12
- Beautiful St. Nicholas Thon chapel reopens to public
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens
- Alarm over covid - New measures being considered