The Athenian Herod Atticus Odean that sits beneath the Acropolis, has been deemed the second-best location worldwide, to watch live performances!
Canadian newspaper Globe and Mail conducted a "Top Venues for Live Theatre" list and ranked venues around the map that offer live music, dance and theatre performances.
When discussing Herod Atticus, the news portal described its historical relevance and deemed it, "...the perfect location where modern music meets with the ancient atmosphere." The top ranking site was The Minack Theatre in England, while Sydney's Opera House placed third.
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM
- Seven Turkish myths and seven Greek truths