Today, Deputy Development Minister Gerasimos Giakoumatos cautioned bread bakers to follow new mandates that require bread to be weighed prior to selling, according to reports.
If they do not, they will be fined under a new law that was implemented today, according to Kathimerini. The newly adopted regulation is one of the protocols that the Organization for Cooperation and Development (OECD) suggested to Greece.
The Ministry also urged purchasers to request the weighing of their selected breads and its price per kilo. Any grievances over the new procedure should be declared to the General Secretariat for Consumers.
- Sea route linking Greece and Cyprus discussed at ministers’ meeting
- The Athens Fashion Film Festival concluded on Sunday
- US looks to Greece and abandons Turkey, Handelsblatt writes
- The Military Power of Countries for 2020 - Where is Greece?
- Survey shows recovery of optimism in Greece's food retail sector