Today, Deputy Development Minister Gerasimos Giakoumatos cautioned bread bakers to follow new mandates that require bread to be weighed prior to selling, according to reports.
If they do not, they will be fined under a new law that was implemented today, according to Kathimerini. The newly adopted regulation is one of the protocols that the Organization for Cooperation and Development (OECD) suggested to Greece.
The Ministry also urged purchasers to request the weighing of their selected breads and its price per kilo. Any grievances over the new procedure should be declared to the General Secretariat for Consumers.
- These are the 29 countries for which the Greek borders open on June 15
- Gvt spox: 'We will be surprised by the results in the Greek economy'
- Mitsotakis: Greece is even better for investment now than it was five months ago
- TUI CEO Fritz Joussen: Greece is well-prepared for summer
- Cosmopolitan Fiskardo and its two sleepless sentinels - Travel Inspiration (vid)